2021 IMA Virtual solo competition
March 1, 2021: Online Contest Registration Opens
April 1, 2021: Student Registration Deadline
May 23, 2021: Video Submission Deadline
(see important information below about submitting your video!)
July 17, 2021: Competition Premier (YouTube)
INSTRUMENTS: (SOLOS ONLY) - PIANO, VOCALS (ART, POP/JAZZ, BROADWAY), GUITAR, DRUMS, STRINGS (VIOLIN, CELLO, VIOLA), ACCORDION
OVERVIEW: Due to the uncertainty of Covid, this year's Contest is going virtual! The contest is going to basically follow the format the IMA has had for the past 59 years. Each teacher will submit a video of each student performing by May 23rd. All Piano, Violin and Cello students must play from the required list as shown on our website.
Students will be divided into groups of no more than 10 by age, level, and instrument. These videos will be put together in a format where the Judge can watch them one after the other just as if the students were there in person. The Judge will decide on the top 3 performances and will award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place engraved medals. The remainder of the class will receive Participation medals. All students will receive a score sheet with the Judge's critique.
On July 17th, our Competition Premier, students, teachers, and invited family and friends can tune in to a private You Tube channel, at their convenience, to watch the student's class and the award presentation immediately following.
Although we can't be together in person at this time, the Virtual Competition will be a goal students can work towards, The competition is a wonderful opportunity to have students perform. Hopefully, many students will take advantage of this opportunity. Perhaps some of our shy students would like to participate in this format.
REGISTRATION: All registration must be done online at: yourima.org by APRIL 1, 2021. Videos will not be submitted at this time. Payment can be made online or by mailing in a check to the address shown.
1. All videos must be submitted by the teacher; not by individual students by May 23, 2021.
2. Students must be positioned as shown on our website or they cannot win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Place. Click here to see correct positioning.
3. Teachers must also submit a scanned copy of the student's music for the Judge to use to adjudicate. Make any changes clear to the Judge. A copy of the front cover of the book must also be submitted or a receipt for music purchased on line as proof of purchase to adhere to copy rite laws.
4. On the video, students should say their first name and the title of their selection. Be certain to submit the video you like the best. Be sure to use "video" mode and not "selfie" mode.
5. There can be no changes to your submission after you submit your video.
1. The Contest Premier will be held on You Tube on July 17, 2021.
2. Teachers will be sent, in advance, the name of each student's class which they can forward to the students.
3. Students, Teachers, and their invited guests can watch the students' class starting July 17, 2021. The presentation of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will take place at the end of each class.
4. Teachers will be sent all of their students' Score Sheets and their appropriate medals after the Contest Premier which they can then give to the students.
1. The Contest Rules can be located on our website: yourima.org.
1. Any contest related questions can be emailed to: email@example.com
2. Teachers may also call Pat Bartell @ 708-250-9630 or Phyllis Licata at 708-712-7497. Please allow 48 hours for a return call.
Print and share our flyer!